Question of the day.... Dare I?


It's been almost 2 years since I said goodbye to my horses.

I thought it might be forever.

After all, I worked so much. I was not competing. I was not fulfilling the mold of who I thought an equestrian was.

My work-a-holic self yells - "You need to work! You don't have time to be a horse person again!"

When I look at this horse I tell that self to shut up...

This horse inspires me to dream. He stirs my imagination.

I've not experienced this with any of the horses I've seen or ridden since I said goodbye to mine.

I get goose bumps when I look at him.

When I walked into his barn for the first time yesterday he called to me with a soft nicker.... asking where I've been.

I was not looking for him. He does not fit the mold of the horse I'd created just in case I ever decided to get another..... And perhaps that makes him just about perfect.

Dare I?

No comments: